Ivano-Frankivsk region rich of the historical and cultural traditions, it is one of the very few region, where the culture is preserved in all of its manifestations. Brightly and colorfully it can be seen in the example of the stored traditions of ethnic groups of Ivano-Frankivsk region. Owing to the peculiarities of life, the local dialect, culture, clothing, householding, settling, in the region harmonically coexist several ethnic groups: boyky, hutsuls, lemky, pokutyany, opolyany.
- Boyky inhabit the slopes of the middle part the Carpathians. Earlier on the territory of Boikivshchyna were mainly involved in cattle breeding, forestry, salt extraction and blacksmithing. On the territory, that they inhabit, were preserved the monuments of monumental folk architecture - wooden chapels, bell towers, churches.
- Especially coloring and diversity of types and genres of folk art observed Hutsulshchyna. Here located the centers of the woodcarving, pottery, weaving, embroidery, artistic decoration of metal and leather, eggs painting. In the region working 350 craftsmen and almost 200 artists amateur. Hutsuls live in southeastern Carpathians. The colorful part of the Ukrainian Carpathians identified the lifestyle, occupation herding, crafts, woodworking and eggs painting. On the territory of Hutsulshchyna were formed family school of carvers, potters, embroiderers, weavers.
- Pokutians occupied the territory in the northeast of the hutsuls. In Pokuttya is developed agriculture, many citizens involved in arts and crafts (pottery, embroidery, carpet weaving and egg painting).
- Opolyany inhabit the Opillya - western part of the Podilska Upland, the main occupation of citizens is agriculture. Culture and life of the opolyan is similar to Pokuttya and Podillya. They use beads, floral design in embroidery.
- Lemky live on the border with the boyky. They preserved their customs, rituals, some features of material culture in clothing, food, etc.
Ivano-Frankivsk region has preserved many interesting folk customs, traditions, legends, crafts, which are in urbanized society completely disappeared. Modern holiday in the village was held with the participation of artists and local craftsmen - embroidery, pottery, carpet, carvers, pysanka artist - all those whom gave the talent the Galician land.
- Ceramics. A bright impression leaves the ceramics. Thanks to the craftsmanship of potters ordinary household items are becoming original works of true folk art. At various pottery products are depicted the original scenes from the life of the people, the church, vegetable, animalistic motives clearly delineated with yellow, green, brown color on a light background. Modern potters facilitate the new ceramics, develop the tradition of Galician ceramics and peculiar ceramics of Pokuttya, sculptural compositions, scene paintings and reliefs on the seams, women's jewelry and toys.
- Art processing of metal. History of processing of the non-ferrous metals in Hutsulia has its origins from the 15th century. Has long been known here various ways of processing of metal. Women's jewelry, pipes, buckles, hatchets, bracelets, rings, pendants, handles for knives and other metal products are characterized by high technique of execution and artistic taste.
- Easter Eggs. Easter eggs are one of the brightest and most mysterious manifestations of talent and depth of folk’s memory. The tradition of painting the Easter eggs reaches the pre-Christian times. Depending from the region, there are differences in the composition of decor, color scheme, separation of the surface of Easter eggs. Numerous crosses and crossing symbolize fertility, rings, and straight lines in the minds of our ancestors associated with male and female beginning, color reflected the surrounding nature: water, sun, forests, fields and meadows. Our ancestors sincerely believed that housein which is consecrated the Easter egg is protected from all evil, and, besides, it never hit by lightning. Up to now, we never ceases to amaze the magic of the folk art, whih is rooted in the art of Easter egg.
- Woodcarvings. Another feature of the folk art is a woodcarvings.With the carving were ornamentalized the furniture, labor tools, wooden utensils, musical instruments, ecclesiastical and ceremonial things and more. With the development of artistic carvings of wood was complicated as tools as well as receptions of decorating and the diversity of decorated items. It was attached the great importance to the combination of product forms with decoration.
- Painting on glass. The most complete this type of folk art turned in icons. Expressive, colorful, decorative - they make in the interior the sonorous charm. Members operate with bright colors, creating contrasting color combinations. Based on the traditional icons modern masters develop decorative painting on glass.